** Update: this position has since been filled. **
We are looking to hire a new analyst here at Union Square Ventures.
The analyst position at Union Square Ventures is a two year rotational assignment and a pre-MBA role. We hope that after working with us, that person would move to one of our portfolio companies or pursue an advanced degree. The primary responsibility of the Analyst at Union Square Ventures is to help us manage the day to day activities of the firm including:
- Deal Structure Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Research/Market Awareness
- Quarterly and Annual Reporting
We put together a set of requirements that an ideal candidate would have:
- Strong analytical / quant skills.
- Excel wizard.
- Strong internet technology experience, prior programming experience a plus.
- Net-native: deep understanding of Internet origins, trends, and solutions. Strong online presence a plus.
- Strong personal skills, great oral communications and writing.
- Work experience in either investment or internet-related field is a plus but is not required to be considered for the position.
We have hired for this position once before by posting the job listing on our blog and accepting submissions via comments on the blog post. That process worked out well for us, so we are using the same process this time around.
If you are interested in this position, please comment on this post with your name, email address, and a link to your web presence. Web presence could by anything accessible via a URL: it could be a blog, a social networking profile, a portfolio, a company, a social bookmarking archive… it is whatever you think best represents who you are online. Once we build up a good set of comments, we will start contacting people to determine next steps.
If you’re in the market for a job, but you don’t feel like this role is a good fit for you, we encourage you to look at our portfolio companies’ job openings.